Oluebebe Sharon James, a student of Beulahfield College, Ejigbo, currently holds the post of the youngest author in Africa. At the age of five, she started writing her book themed Freedom which she subsequently presented to the public in 2006 on her sixth birthday. Oluebebe Sharon James is an ambassador and here are some things you probably do not know about the child prodigy:
The second youngest female published author in the world
Dorothy Straight may be the youngest commercially published female author in the world with her book how the world began written in 1962 at the age of 4, here is one who can as well be regarded the new Dorothy with Freedom, written at the tender age of six. If considered by the Guinness World Records, Oluebebe Sharon James would probably be sharing a feat with Christopher Beale who beat the brazilian author of Dragon Island with six years and 118 days old, to occupy the post of all second after Dorothy.
Nigeria and Africa’s youngest published author.
In 2013, modernghana revealed Meryl Diekramabo Waboso, a grade one pupil of International Bible Christian Fellowship (IBCF) School, as the youngest author in Nigeria and Africa at large with Stories From The Heart, a 29-page book. Stacy Fru, aged 8, of South-Africa was also paraded as the youngest author, with her book Smelly Cats. These claims were unsubstantiated and would later be superseded with Oluebebe Sharon James‘ presentation of her book in 2006.
An abode to notables
Ever since she presented her work to the public, she has been an abode to notables who won’t stop trooping in to shower on her encomiums and encouragements.
On the 23rd of February 2012, she played host to Professor George Luchiri Wajackoya when the American based Professor of Law and Kenya’s presidential candidate visited her school. She has also hosted former Governor, Rotimi Amaechi, Professor Wole Soyinka, Taiwo Ajai-Lycett, Ochiagha Reagan John Ufomba, Chief Olu Jacobs, Professor J. P. Clark and many other notables, all of which she gave her autographed books.
A child prodigy
Being a child of unusual extraordinary talent and gifts, Oluebebe Sharon James joins the league of extraordinary persons in the world, of which are: Akiane Kramarik, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Sheila Sri Prakash, Promethea Pythaitha, Per Enflo, Norbert Wiener, William Rowan Hamilton and Albert Einstein.
Awards and recognitions
- A Certificate of Recognition from Shake The Tree Organisation in America for her accomplishment and valuable contribution to the world of literature.
- The youngster of the year of the Ikenna Kalu Facebook Award (TIKFA) 2014.
- The author of the week by the Port Harcourt World Book Capital 2014 held from 10 -17th February 2014.
- Teen Times Leading youth’s Teen Of The Week on 9ineteen Magazine’s website.
- Covers the page of Life Experience magazine for the month of May 2014.
- Kwame Nkrumah Pan-African Meritorious Award by Dr. Kwame Nkrumah Africa Genius Award Centre, Ghana.
- The Speak Quill’s Initiative award.
- A reader at the Green Festival’s green reading young authors of the Lagos book fair held at Freedom Park, Lagos.
- A Special Teen Guest at Ten To Sixteen/Coker-Aguda back to school book fair held at Coker-Aguda Development Council area.
- A special guest at the World Book Capital in Port Harcourt.
- A reader from her book Freedom at the Reflector Book Fest, Obafemi Awolowo University.
and so on…
From a family of intelligentsia
Being a daughter of a philanthropist, a humanitarian, a tourist and a researcher, Dr Raphael James, and a sister to the author of The Broken Beautiful Pot, Uloma Naomi James, one can only conclude she is from a family of intelligentsia and literati.
- Donation of foodstuffs, clothing and a tricycle to Center for Destitute Empowerment, Idimu Ejigbo.
- Launching of a project, Wash A Hand, and the donation of eighteen wash-hand basins to all classes from nursery one to primary six.
- Featured in over a dozen book-readings in Lagos and has donated over 2000 copies of her book, Freedom, to schools, orphanages and Non-governmental organisations.
And by sharing this very post to your friends.